We all know of the termite. It is the most feared of all the pests that can impact a home. Given enough time, they can turn a completely sound home into something that only exists in your wildest nightmares. Termites seem to love wood, and this is actually their primary source of nutrition. If they get into your home’s structural foundations, they can cause enough damage to render it unfit for living. Thankfully, you don’t have to worry if you follow the right kind of advice when trying to deal with your problem. As long as you don’t panic and empty a truckload of toxic pesticide into the basement of your home, you won’t have to worry about a single thing. You do have to make sure that you stick to these, of course.
Apply a deep layer of termiticide
To effectively conduct termite control on your home, you need to apply a layer of termiticide, which is a highly toxic substance, to the soil around your home. Think of it as a warding circle that will keep more termites from burrowing into your home and preventing the ones you do have from leaving and starting more colonies. This application of the pesticide need to be able to penetrate many feet into the ground. This is because the tunnels that they come into your home through can usually only be found far below the normal depth of the foundations. To properly treat the soil around your home, you are going to have to spend enough money to buy up many gallons of pesticide. It is going to be the single most expensive thing about this process.
Don’t do this if you don’t know anything
Termite control in Singapore isn’t something that should be attempted if you don’t have a clue as to what you are doing. You need to know how to handle termiticides and other toxic substances. You also need to have a good idea as to the feeding habits and types of termites, as well as how they behave in different environment. The only way in which you can hunt them is if you are able to think like them. Talk about the options that you have with a professional pest control agency before you do anything rash.
Typically, you can either use a repellent or a killing substance. A repellent is the safer option, whereas the pesticide is the nuclear option in case all else fails. It exterminates insects in their millions, and even a single drop is incredibly toxic. One thing you need to remember is that spot treatment is a very bad idea.